Monday, February 23, 2015

My Bookish Anticipation #1



This is a new feature in this blog where every once in a while, I'll be posting the list of to-be-released novels that I want to read--just as my personal reminder. The novels will be mostly the foreign ones, since Indonesian books don't have long term publishing schedule like the foreign ones. But who knows later I'll add some Indonesian books too..

Feel free to add the books on your own TBR list!



Expected Publication: Aug 4, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks


It’s all Ryden’s fault. If he hadn’t gotten Meg pregnant, she would have never stopped her chemo treatments and would still be alive. Instead, he’s failing fatherhood one dirty diaper at a time. And it’s not like he’s had time to grieve while struggling to care for their infant daughter, start his senior year, and earn the soccer scholarship he needs to go to college.

The one person who makes Ryden feel like his old self is Joni. She’s fun and energetic—and doesn’t know he has a baby. But the more time they spend together, the harder it becomes to keep his two worlds separate. Finding one of Meg’s journals only stirs up old emotions, and Ryden’s convinced Meg left other notebooks for him to find, some message to help his new life make sense. But how is he going to have a future if he can’t let go of the past?

My comment: A story about a single teen-dad??!!! Enough said!


Expected publication: July 28, 2015
Publisher: Scholastic Inc

What do you do with your last day on earth?

Just over twenty-four hours are left until an asteroid strikes North America, and for Emerson and everyone else who didn't leave, the world will end. But Emerson's world already ended when she ran away from home. Since then, she has lived on the streets, relying on her wits and on her friend Vince to help her find places to sleep and food to eat.

The city's quieter now that most people are gone, and no one seems to know what to do as the end approaches. But then Emerson and Vince meet Carl, who tells them he has been granting people's wishes -- and gives them his wallet full of money.

Suddenly, this last day seems full of possibility. Emerson and Vince can grant a lot of wishes in one last day -- maybe even their own.

 My Comment: Stories which take place during 24 hours of the main characters' life always intrigue me. And so does this one. It seems magical and fun too.

Expected Publication: September 1, 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

This innovative, heartfelt debut novel tells the story of a girl who's literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she's ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I'm allergic to the world.I don't leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black--black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster

My comment: This one reminds me a lot of Bubble Boy movie that made me love Jake Gyllenhaal. Very anticipating this one! But... but... September? O God WHYYY????

Here's my 3 picks for this first post of My Bookish Anticipation. What do you think? Interested too?

2 comments:

What is your thought?